Turman Hardwood Flooring, a subsidiary of The Turman Group, was established in 2002 in Galax, Virginia. We manufacture both unfinished and pre-finished hardwood floors in a number of wood species. The Turman Group has been providing ecologically friendly wood products since 1964.
In addition to the flooring operation, in 2005 we began manufacturing Hardwood Pellets, which enabled us to reduce wood waste and enter the growing market aimed at alternative renewable fuel sources for home heating.
At Turman Hardwood Flooring and The Turman Group we are continually striving to reduce waste and be the best stewards possible of our natural resources. Here are just a few examples of our commitment to manufacturing the best hardwood flooring possible:
- We believe in being good stewards of the land and have been since 1964.
- We respect the environment.
- Our kilns us only wood, no fossil fuels.
- We are carbon neutral.
- Zero wood waste by creating hardwood pellets
- Trust us to maintain trees by replanting and ensuring natural regeneration from harvest.
- Maintain total control of the process by:
- Situated in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, thus allowing for accessibility and control of lumber sources
- Vertical integration with sister affiliates from the seed to the end product
- We are small enough to be flexible and provide excellent customer service. Large enough to fill even the largest of orders.
- Family owned since 1964
Why should you invest in hardwood flooring versus engineered or laminate? Simple, the quality remains after the price is forgotten. There’s nothing wrong with engineered or laminate flooring, they just aren’t designed to last. Solid hardwood flooring is an investment in the future. In fact, it will last more than a lifetime for generations to come. If you don’t like the color, refinish. If it gets scratched, refinish. Turman Hardwood Flooring is a lifetime decision with our lifetime commitment to quality.
For more information on all types of wood flooring, check out “The Top 10 Myths About Wood Flooring.”